The websites listed below provide valuable information regarding child sexual abuse and neglect.
- National Children’s Alliance– We provide support, advocacy, quality assurance, and national leadership for CACs, all to help support the important work that CACs do in communities across the country.
- National Children’s Advocacy Center –The NCAC models, promotes, and delivers excellence in child abuse response and prevention through service, education, and leadership.
- Department of Children & Family Services– DCFS is working to keep children safe, helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and providing safe refuge during disasters.
- CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocates– Advocate for timely placement of children in permanent, safe and stable homes.
- The Sexual Trauma Awareness & Response Center– Provides support to survivors of sexual trauma, improve systems response, and create social change to end sexual violence.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network– To raise the standard of care and improve access to services for traumatized children, their families and communities throughout the United States.
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children– works with families, victims, private industry, law enforcement, and the public to assist with preventing child abductions, recovering missing children, and providing services to deter and combat child sexual exploitation.
- Child Molestation Research and Prevention Institute – Conducts research to prevent child sexual abuse and provides information to prevention organizations, agencies, professionals, and families to use to prevent abuse.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway-Provides publications, research, and learning tools selected by experts to support thriving children, youth, families, and communities.
- Children’s Law Advocacy Resources Online (CLAIRO)- Provides an effective means of communication between and among organizations trying to improve child protection processes within Louisiana.
- East Baton Rouge District Attorney’s Office-Educate individuals and agencies regarding the needs and rights of victims as they establish and maintain effective working relationships with judges and attorneys.
- Laws in Louisiana pertaining to abuse and neglect – catalog of laws pertaining to abuse and neglect to better education those seeking justice.
- LawHelp.org/LA -provides legal education materials and tools that give you basic information on a number of legal problems, and in some cases, detailed instructions and forms to help you represent yourself in court.
IF YOU THINK A CHILD IS BEING ABUSED
For other ways to help
Find out more ways to help the CAC through donations, wishlist items and more.